12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoons yellow mustard
Dash or 2 of Tabasco or your favorite hot sauce
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 carrot, cut into rounds
- Slice through the top 1/3 of each egg, ensuring some of the yolk is included in the slice. Carefully remove the egg yolk from the bottom portion of the egg using a spoon and transfer to a bowl.
- Mix egg yolks, mayonnaise, mustard, pickle, horseradish, pickle juice, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Transfer to quart-size resealable plastic bag. Snip the corner of the plastic bag and pipe the egg yolk mixture into the hollowed egg whites creating the ‘chick’, ensuring there is enough filling to add ‘eyes’ and a ‘beak.’
- Cut the carrot rounds into very small triangles to create 12 ‘beaks’. Add a ‘beak’ to each ‘chick’.
- Place 2 capers above the beak for eyes. Place the egg tops onto each ‘chick’ to look like a chick peaking out of the egg.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to one day.